THE STEP-UP JOB APPLICATION PROCESS IS OPEN
STEP-UP is the City of Minneapolis internships program for young adults ages 14-21. Each year, STEP-UP recruits, trains and places more than 1,500 Minneapolis young people in meaningful paid internships with over 230 top Twin Cities businesses, public agencies and nonprofits. STEP UP is a summer program.
Youth complete a competitive application process and work readiness training to be considered for a position with one of over 230 participating businesses in both public and private sector.
• Live in Minneapolis
• Be 14-21 years old on June 1, 2017
• Not be currently enrolled in college (PSEO is okay). Current college students may consider the Urban Scholars Program.
• Meet certain income guidelines (see below) or have a substantial barrier to employment including students with disabilities, IEPs, English language learners, or pregnant and parenting teens. If you are unsure if you qualify, please apply.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the US (by June 1, 2017) and have proper documentation
Your Family’s income should be at or below these levels. This is a guideline only. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, please apply!
• 1 person in family: $46,000 • 5 persons: $71,000
• 2 persons: $52,600 • 6 persons: $76,250
• 3 persons: $59,150 • 7 persons: $81,500
• 4 persons: $65,700 • 8 persons: $86,750
2. Gather this information for your STEP-UP application:
• Are you eligible for Free School Lunch or Reduced School Lunch?
• What is your FAMILY’S income for the last 6 months only?
• What is your OWN income for the last 6 months only?
• Do you and/or your parent or guardian receive any of the following assistance?
♦ Foster Care Allowance
♦ Food Stamps
♦ MFIP/TANF, General Assistance
♦ Refugee Cash Assistance
Barton students and parents: If you have questions, please connect with Trish at 668-3593 or email@example.com