Scroll down and click 
the red headings to see more.
Have something you would like 
to submit as a website/bugle item? 
Submissions must be approved
by Principal Diane Bagley, 
or Assistant Principal, Maria Rollinger. 
For time sensitive items,
please send submissions 
by 9:00 a.m., Tuesday mornings.
The Bugle will be sent weekly on
Wednesday afternoons.  
Please send submissions to 
For questions, please contact the 
main office at (612) 668.3580.
Add a bookmark (app icon) for this page 
to the home screen on your iOS or Android 
device for quick access.
Parents of 6th Graders - From Karen Ward, RN, School Nurse
Friday, April 25, 2014 2:25 PM


A change in the Minnesota state immunization law now requires that all students entering 7th grade have the following vaccinations, unless they claim an exemption: Hepatitis B (a series of 3 shots), 2 doses of varicella (unless they have had chicken pox), 2 doses of MMR vaccine (measles, mumps, rubella) a Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) booster, and 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine.  It takes at least 4 months to get the Hepatitis B series, so if your child still needs these shots start NOW!  If your child should not have immunizations for medical reasons or because of your conscientiously held beliefs, the school must have written proof of exemption.

Sometime in the next few weeks, all 6th grade students will be bringing home a form indicating whether he/she is up-to-date or if immunizations are needed.  If your child is up-to-date you do not need to do anything.  If you will be claiming a medical or conscientious exemption for your child, you can find the form on the MPS website.  Click on Departments, then on Health Services, then on Commonly Used Forms in the left side bar. Click on Student Immunization Reporting Form and go to page 2.  Medical exemptions must be completed and signed by a physician, and conscientious exemptions must be notarized. 

Also, all students should have a physical exam before entering 7th grade.  If your child plans to play middle school sports, the school must have a current physical exam on file. You can also find this form by following the directions above.

In This Section